Join Our Team
Our Team of Expert Educators and Entrepreneurs is Growing
Digital Marketing Assistant (Part-Time)
Have you dreamed of being a part of the exciting world of startups? Would you love the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company?
Room to Discover is currently hiring a part-time digital marketing assistant to support our team with organization, data entry, and management of digital applications. You will work closely with the company founder on areas central to the successful marketing of a small company, including website, social media, contact management, and our newsletter.
This position represents an opportunity for a reliable, organized, and tech-savvy applicant to gain valuable experience with the digital tools essential to digital marketing. This position has the potential for significant growth within the company.
This part time, contract position, works 15-20 hours per week. Most hours to be completed in our coworking space in Jersey City, NJ, with the possibility of some remote work.
Room to Discover is an educational services provider whose mission is to ensure that every child receives a student-centered and authentic education. We provide resources, training, and expertise to help educators adapt to the needs of today’s students.
This is a non-corporate environment; candidates must be tech-savvy and adaptable as priorities shift. The right cultural fit has a “can-do” attitude, takes direction well, and pays attention to detail. You should also be willing to take initiative and excited to roll up your sleeves.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, as well as veterans of the armed services.
Our digital marketing assistant will report directly to the company founder, providing support with a range of tasks and ongoing responsibilities. These include managing customer information, automating internal and external communications, and monitoring the efficacy of our marketing efforts. You’ll update information on our website, manage our social media presence, e-mail newsletter, and more.
This position does not require programming or web design expertise, but you should be comfortable as an end user of a range of technology interfaces. You must be intimately familiar with Google’s suite of office products. We will help you to quickly attain proficiency with tools such as Trello, WordPress, MailChimp, Zoho CRM, and more.
- Maintain or establish our company profiles and settings on various online platforms
- Maintain and update information on our website
- Organize schedules and contact information using online platforms
- Mail or e-mail invoices and marketing materials
- Maintain our email newsletter and mailing list
- Take phone calls and schedule meetings
Successful Candidates Are:
You should be dependable and outgoing. You should be willing and able to learn and perform at a fast pace. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with the company:
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Tech-savvy, and experienced with G-Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative problem-solver
- Able to work collaboratively with a small, tight-knit team
- Enthusiasm for implementing and troubleshooting new projects
- Comfortable working independently in an environment without a lot of structure
- Ready to hit the ground running, but never hesitating to ask questions
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 Years Professional Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, or Marketing Assistant
- Reliable Transportation to Jersey City, NJ
- Available to Work a Minimum of Two Days per Week On-Site
This is a part-time, on-site, contractual position. A minimum of 75% of work hours are to be completed on-site. Remaining hours may be completed off-site.
Hourly compensation is commensurate with experience, from $14-$18/hour.