Join Our Team
Our Team of Expert Educators and Entrepreneurs is Growing
Virtual Math Coach (Contract)
Room to Discover is an educator-led startup that is redefining professional learning for educators. We believe that both students and teachers deserve high-quality, interactive learning experiences. Our workshops, coaching, and resources help educators increase engagement, achievement, and deep learning.
We have an immediate need for dedicated, progressive math educators to join our network and provide virtual instructional coaching to math teachers.
The right candidate for this position has extensive experience and expertise in classroom teaching, math education, and supporting adult learners.
- Minimum 5 years experience teaching math in a K-12 classroom
- Proficient with online learning technology, including Zoom, Google Meet, Google Suite, and Google for Education
- In-depth understanding of Common Core math standards from multiple grade levels.
- Understanding of current research and trends in math education, including differentiation, collaborative learning, data-driven instruction, and problem-based learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to quickly build rapport with diverse personality types
- Masters degree in education-related field
- Experience presenting at education conferences and/or workshops
- Experience and expertise in coaching adult learners
- Experience with online math platforms, especially IXL, iReady, Khan Academy, and/or Desmos
- Familiarity with Room to Discover teaching philosophy and math pedagogy.
Virtual instructional coaches are responsible for supporting math educators in bringing highly-effective, student-centered learning strategies to their math classrooms.
- Attend paid training sessions to learn our proprietary instructional coaching process
- Support instructional practices consistent with our philosophy
- Establish supportive working relationships with your client teachers
- Conduct biweekly 40-minute virtual coaching sessions with each client
- Conduct journaling sessions during each off week (written check-in with clients)
- Log sessions and record teacher progress in our coaching management system
- Submit invoices for all work completed
- Exercise professionalism in all interactions with teachers, school leaders, and coworkers
- Support Room to Discover’s mission and exhibit company values throughout work experiences
All coaching work is compensated on an independent contractor (1099) basis. Coaching engagements range from 3 months to 1 year. Coaches spend 2 to 2.5 hours per month per client, and should be able to support at least three clients at a time during the school year. (Summer coaching is optional).
Coaches receive $100/month per client client. (60% of each coaching contract is paid bi-weekly, 40% paid upon successful completion of the engagement).
Coaches receive a 10% bonus for each renewing client (bonus paid upon completion of renewal contract).
Initial required training (5 hours), and any additional training, is compensated at the training rate of $20/hour.
Consultants have access to free online learning experiences and Room to Discover resources for the duration of their contract.