Join Our Team
Our Team of Expert Educators and Entrepreneurs is Growing
Administrative Assistant (Full-Time, On-Site) Charlottesville, VA
Are you reliable, organized, and tech savvy? Are you interested in a position that will leverage your strengths, while giving you the opportunity to advance your career and learn new skills? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Room to Discover is a small and fast-growing Charlottesville-based business. We are seeking a skilled administrative assistant who will keep us organized and promote operational efficiency as we grow. You’ll work closely with the company founder on a range of tasks essential to the success of the business, including file and calendar management, internal and external communications, and more.
This full-time position presents tremendous opportunities for growth. As a founding member of our team, you will be able to grow within the role, or develop to a role of greater responsibility. Base salary of $35k-$45k plus performance incentives and 6-month review. Three weeks paid time-off. Up to 2 days per week may be completed remotely and on a flexible schedule. Possibility for equity following 1 year of service.
Room to Discover is a fast-growing startup that helps educators engage, challenge, and support every learner. Our workshops, coaching, and consulting are redefining professional learning, by taking an interactive and learner-centered approach to teacher education and school improvement.
We are seeking positive, driven individuals to join the founding team of a company that values respect, work-life balance, and the opportunity to make a difference.
The administrative assistant will support the company founder with a range of tasks and ongoing responsibilities. These include scheduling appointments, managing customer information, and all aspects of internal and external communications. You’ll update information on our website, manage our social media presence, e-mail newsletter, and more.
- Scheduling: Manage company calendars, confirm appointments, etc
- Organization: Maintain and update GoogleDrive folders, client databases, spreadsheets, product and marketing assets, etc
- Documents: Create and modify digital documents to address company and client needs
- Communications: Update website, blog, and eCommerce descriptions. Manage social media calendar and weekly email newsletter, respond to incoming emails
- Email: Manage and send our weekly email newsletter and leads databases
- Other: General office duties, such as printing, taking dictation, filing documents, etc
The right candidate for this position is organized, dependable, and detail oriented. You must be comfortable with technology, and excited to solve challenging problems. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, supportive environment where you will learn by doing and assume responsibility for a range of duties critical to the success of the organization.
Fluency in GoogleSuite (Gmail, Gcal, Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc) is required. We will train the right candidate in all other digital tools required for this position, including WordPress, MailerLite, WooCommerce, HootSuite, and HubSpot.
- Consistent, organized, and dependable
- Able to handle shifting priorities and learn new skills quickly
- Excellent listening and note-taking skills
- Expertise with Google Suite: Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Slides, etc
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and databases (non-coding)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and ability to work independently
- College Degree (associates or bachelors)
- Basic graphic design skills (canva, cropping/resizing images, etc)
- Prior website experience (WordPress, Wix, etc)
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience with digital marketing tools (CRM, email marketing, etc)
This position presents a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. Successful candidates can develop their skill set within the administrative role or progress quickly to another position of greater responsibility.
- Starting base salary of $35k-$45k commensurate with experience, plus performance incentives and 6-month review
- Three weeks PTO (paid time-off)
- Up to two days per week remote and flex-time
- Eligible for benefits and equity (company ownership stake) after one year of service.