Join Our Team
Our Team of Expert Educators and Entrepreneurs is Growing
CoFounder (Full-Time) Charlottesville, VA
Are you excited by the idea of building a company from the ground up? Have you ever started your own business, or dream of doing so in the future? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Room to Discover is a fast-growing and profitable Charlottesville-based small business. We are actively seeking our 2nd full-time team member to help take us to the next level. You’ll work closely with the company founder on a range of operational and organizational tasks essential to the success of the business. You’ll also bring your creativity and drive as we expand our reach and launch new offerings that support the needs of educators.
This full-time position presents tremendous opportunities for growth. As a founding member of our team, your success will allow you to quickly develop to a role of greater responsibility. Total compensation up to $65k includes $35k-$45k base, plus performance incentives. Three weeks paid time-off and 6-month review. Up to 2 days per week may be completed remotely and on a flexible schedule. Possibility for equity following 1 year of service.
Room to Discover is a fast-growing startup that helps educators engage, challenge, and support every learner. Our workshops, coaching, and consulting are redefining professional learning, by taking an interactive and learner-centered approach to teacher education and school improvement.
We are seeking positive, driven individuals to join the founding team of a company that values respect, work-life balance, and the opportunity to make a difference.
The co-founder will support the company founder with a range of tasks and ongoing responsibilities, primarily digital marketing and administrative.
Digital Marketing and Product Management (minimum 50%)
At least half of your time will be spent on strategic planning, development, and deployment of our product and digital marketing efforts. You’ll expand our digital offerings and ensure that all marketing communications reflect positively on our brand and reinforce our marketing priorities.
- Marketing Strategy: Create monthly marketing calendars to align messaging across various marketing platforms (web, social, email, etc)
- Product Development: Organize our product database, expand our print and digital offerings, create and update descriptions and images; support the upcoming launch of our virtual courses and membership programs
- Design: Use Canva and GoogleDraw to create simple designs for use on social, web, etc
- Web: Update website, blog, and eCommerce content; monitor and report website performance using Google Analytics and Search Console
- Email: Manage and send our weekly email newsletter; maintain database of clients and leads
Other responsibilities include scheduling appointments, managing calendars and customer information, and all aspects of internal and external communications.
- Scheduling: Manage company calendars, confirm appointments, etc
- Organization: Maintain and update GoogleDrive folders, client databases, spreadsheets, product and marketing assets, etc
- Documents: Create and modify digital documents to address company and client needs
- Other: General office duties, such as printing, taking dictation, filing documents, etc
The right candidate for this position is innovative, hard-working, and dependable. You must be adept with technology, and excited to solve challenging problems. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, supportive environment where you will learn by doing and assume responsibility for a range of duties critical to the success of the organization.
Fluency in GoogleSuite (Gmail, Gcal, Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc) is required. We will train the right candidate in all other digital tools required for this position, including WordPress, MailerLite, WooCommerce, HootSuite, and HubSpot.
- Passionate interest in small business and entrepreneurship
- Creativity, innovation, and the ability manage shifting priorities
- Consistency, organization, and dependability
- Excellent listening and note-taking skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to work independently
- Expertise with Google Suite: Calendar, Gmail, Drive, Slides, etc
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and databases (non-coding)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate Degree (associates or bachelors)
- Basic graphic design and video skills
- Prior website experience (WordPress, Wix, etc)
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience with digital marketing tools (CRM, email marketing, etc)
This position presents a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. Successful candidates can quickly develop to positions of greater responsibility, and will be positioned for leadership as we expand our founding team.
- Total compensation up to $65, including $35k-$45k base salary, plus performance incentives
- 6 Month Review of salary and job title
- Three weeks PTO (paid time-off)
- Up to two days per week remote and flex-time
- Eligible for benefits and equity (company ownership stake) after one year of service.