Using effective visual models is one of the most important activities to do when you’re introducing equivalent fractions. Use these digital manipulative visual models to help your students practice finding equivalent fractions.
Students may struggle to understand equivalent fractions. Many students will understand fractions better after seeing them and combining them with the digital manipulatives.
In this lesson, students will use the digital manipulatives to create visual models to learn about equivalent fractions. And, they’ll begin to make visual connections. This visual connection and the use of digital manipulatives will help your students succeed. (Common Core Standard 3.NF.A.3, 4.NF.A.1)
Benefits of Modeling Equivalent Fractions
Students will have the opportunity to use digital manipulatives to work with equivalent fractions as they learn about fractions.
The included activities can be completed digitally. They will prepare you to teach the standards (3.NF.A.3, 4.NF.A.1) through digital “hands-on” learning.
You’ll also save time by using the pre-made activities. And the completed activities make for a great formative assessment or an artifact for student portfolios.
- Low Floor, High Ceiling Math Task
- Digital Activity with Digital Manipulatives
- Supports Deep Conceptual Understanding
- Aligned to Standards (3.NF.A.3, 4.NF.A.1)
- Promotes Student Discourse
- Minimal Prep Time
- Easy to Edit and Create More Activities
These Modeling Equivalent Fractions activities contain everything you need to teach this lesson with minimal prep time:
- Editable Google Slides activity – added to your Google Drive
- Practice problems with manipulatives that are ready to go
- Video: How to edit Google Master Slides