Join Our Team
Our Team of Expert Educators and Entrepreneurs is Growing
Instructional Coach: Literacy (Remote, Contract)
Room to Discover is an educator-led startup that is redefining professional learning for educators. We believe that both students and teachers deserve high-quality, interactive learning experiences. Our workshops, coaching, and resources help educators increase engagement, achievement, and deep learning.
We have an immediate need for dedicated, progressive literacy educators to join our network and provide remote instructional coaching to English & Language Arts teachers.
Sessions can be scheduled flexibly, but coaches should be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week. Most sessions are scheduled during school hours.
The right candidate for this position has extensive experience and expertise in classroom teaching, math education, and supporting adult learners.
- Minimum 5 years full-time K-12 classroom teaching experience (10 years is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years K-12 literacy teaching and/or coaching
- MS or MA in education or related field
- Proficient with online learning technology, including Zoom, Google Meet, Google Suite, and Google for Education
- In-depth understanding of Common Core language arts standards from multiple grade levels.
- Understanding of current research and trends in literacy education, especially Science of Reading
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to quickly build rapport with diverse personality types
- Experience presenting at education conferences and/or workshops
- Experience and expertise in coaching adult learners
- Experience with common language arts curricula and online literacy platforms
- Familiarity with Room to Discover teaching philosophy and pedagogy.
Virtual instructional coaches are responsible for supporting literacy educators in bringing highly-effective, research-based, student-centered learning strategies to their classrooms. Coaches must commit to completing each coaching cycle they begin: 11 weeks for 1-on-1, 15 weeks for PLCs.
- Attend training sessions to learn our proprietary instructional coaching process
- Support instructional practices consistent with our philosophy
- Establish supportive working relationships with your client teachers
- Conduct biweekly 45-minute virtual coaching sessions with each client
- Complete assessment sessions during each off week (written check-in with clients)
- Log sessions and document teacher progress
- Submit invoices for all work completed
- Exercise professionalism in all interactions with teachers, school leaders, and coworkers
- Support Room to Discover’s mission and exhibit company values throughout work experiences
All coaching work is compensated on an independent contractor (1099) basis.
Coaching Pay: Coaches earn $40 per 45-minute session (includes prep- and post-time), plus a $150 bonus for completing each cycle (6-sessions).
Paid Training: Coaches are paid the training rate ($25/hour) for participation in 8-hours Transformational Coaching workshop and bi-monthly coach meetings.
Bonus: Additional bonuses for client renewals and exceptional ratings.
Consultants have access to free Room to Discover online learning experiences and resources for the duration of their contract.