Using effective visual models is one of the most important activities to do when you’re teaching decimals. Use these digital manipulative visual models to help your students practice decimals.
Students may struggle to understand place value of decimals. Many students will understand decimals after creating them with the digital manipulatives.
In this lesson, students will use the digital manipulatives to create visual models to learn about numbers with decimals. And, they’ll begin to make visual connections. This visual connection and the use of digital manipulatives will help your students succeed. (Common Core Standard 4.NF.C.5-6)
Benefits of The Decimals with Base-10 Blocks Activities
Students will have the opportunity to use digital manipulatives to work with decimals, as they learn about the place value of decimals to the tenths and hundredths.
The included activities can be completed digitally. They will prepare you to teach the standards (4.NF.C.5-6) through digital “hands-on” learning.
You’ll also save time by using the pre-made activities. And the completed activities make for a great formative assessment or an artifact for student portfolios.
- Low Floor, High Ceiling Math Task
- Digital Activity with Digital Manipulatives
- Supports Deep Conceptual Understanding
- Aligned to Standards (4.NF.C.5-6)
- Promotes Student Discourse
- Minimal Prep Time
- Easy to Edit and Create More Activities
These Decimals with Base-10 Blocks activities contain everything you need to teach this lesson with minimal prep time:
- Editable Google Slides activity – added to your Google Drive
- Practice problems with manipulatives that are ready to go
- Video: How to edit Google Master Slides